To tell you the truth, the initial issue with the sleeve cap had left me a tad apprehensive. If they got something like that so horribly wrong, how could I expect the finished jacket to be one I’d actually like to wear?
This made me take greater care in the following steps than I often do. I properly marked the pockets:
I basted the zip in before actually sewing it down:
You might notice that contrary to the pocket markings and the pattern cover mine does not have breast pockets. That’s correct. I omitted them … I felt the look would be cleaner without, and I’m quite happy I did, as I really like the looks.
The back of the lining did have some weird ripples along the center seamline, which I am fairly certain were caused by my inability to cut it perfectly on grain. Thankfully, that didn’t happen with the outer. Contrary to what it might look like, the center back seam is not straight, but slightly curved, which really helps with a better fit.
This all looked good, I thought. It would have been good had I noticed at this point that the front didn’t align perfectly. Join me on Friday to hear how this gripping tale ends!