After finishing the Fickle-Zen KAL, I had some of the lovely yarn left, and I thought how nice it would be to have a pair of matching mitts for the shawl.
But me being my usual me, I wasn’t sure there was *enough* yarn left for a pair of mitts … thankfully, my genius idea was had by someone else in my Ravelry group, too, and she didn’t over-think the whole thing, just made the mitts and shared a photo.
Hence I was encouraged to follow trait and started on my own pair.
Initially, I considered using a lace element from the shawl, to make them truly matching. Then it occurred to me that Michelle, the lovely designer of the shawl, might not like that (understandably so!). So I settled for creating my own design.
The cuff is a twisted rib, the pattern for the main body mostly stockinette and reverse stockinette, separated by two mock-eyelet cables. The top brim is accentuated by a row of eyelets.
Things I have learned:
– a little ball of yarn might go farther than one expects.
– hands look symmetrical, but aren’t.
– try anyways.