Welcome to part 3 of the epic tale of my upcycled denim skirt.
Where did we stop? Oh, yes … I was pondering how I could make my panels actually fit around me.
To achieve that, I took my Simplicity 2211 and put it down on some brown paper. Then I folded it in half, and started playing with the panels. At some point it occured to me that I could use the angled top of the front panels as pockets, and that made me very happy :) Skirts should have pockets.
So in the end I drew around the front and back panels (having made the back longer than the front by two stripes), copied the new pieces, drew some pockets (generally following the Jalie ones) and cut all the new pieces from stash rags.
Yup, it’s got roses and skulls in the pockets :) And the side panels were cut from leftovers from the above mentioned Jalie jeans.
Then I put it all together:
Put in a zip:
Now, as you can see, that was not my finest work. I blame the new adjustable invisible zipper foot. Maybe I should have tried it out on some scraps first. Lesson learned.
Finally, I added a small waistband – I wanted this to sit low on my hips, so didn’t do a “proper” waistband.
And that, my friend, is the story of the Chevron Jeans skirt :) Thanks for staying with me, I know it was a bit lengthy!
The back has a tiny issue, as you can see – it’s forming a sort of beak. I’m not too bothered by it, but would love to hear how to avoid this next time round!