Getting help fixing my Tova.

Just determined that it needed broad as well as square shoulder adjustment. New pattern pieces drawn and cut, now to sew it up again. Exciting!

Author: kokorimbaud

Love all things vintage, especially knitting from the victorian era through to the swinging twenties.

2 thoughts on “Getting help fixing my Tova.”

  1. I’m really interested that you are having problems with fitting your Tova as I am having exactly the same issues. My first version fitted reasonably well but when I tried to make a second in Linen I found all sorts of problems. Like you I have added a bit extra into the armscye I’ve also widened the shoulders and the back a bit. I’m now finding that I need to adjust the sleeves as they don’t appear to have quite enough ease in the head – I added in extra for the additional armscye but I think I am still a bit short.
    I must admit to getting to the stage where I wonder if I should have just made a larger size.

    I hope you manage to fix yours soon – best of luck!

    1. Oh, good to know! Well, not good that you’re having fitting troubles, obviously, but maybe I should make a muslin to check the arms … hm. I’ll be sure to update how it’s going. And good luck to you, too! It’s such a lovely pattern, I’m determined to make it fit 😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s