Just in time for Halloween, I am going to create my first Frankepattern.

Although the muslin didn’t turn out too bad, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be making another pair of trousers with a side zip out of McCalls 6404, with slightly modified legs, I decided to go a different route for my Temperley knock-off.

Felina Jeans – Temperley (for source please click on the picture)

So I pulled out my TNT Jalie jeans pattern, and put it on the table with the leg pieces from the McCalls. At that point it dawned on me that maybe the ballooning in the knees I noticed in the muslin (like here) wasn’t all my fault for combining different fabrics.

In fact, the pattern is much wider in the leg than my Jalie pattern, especially noticeable in the knee area.

So I graded the pattern to fit the Jalie measures in the thigh, and took out ~1.5 inches in the knee area.


Now all I got left to do is sew it up.

Do you think I should have stuck with the welt zipper pockets? I quite like the slanted jeans pockets, and I know that I never use zipper pockets (in my mind, they bunch up and create lumps on the outside) – but I’m still not entirely sure if they’re essential for the look?

Author: kokorimbaud

Love all things vintage, especially knitting from the victorian era through to the swinging twenties.

2 thoughts on “Frankenpatterning!”

  1. ooo i am so excited about this project!!! I think not using zipper pockets is fine. as the print is busy being leopard i don´t think they add that much of a design detail if that makes sense. (i hadn’t seen them til I just looked very closely) Happy Halloween!!! 😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s