Jalie 2908 – the jeans saga continues

This is pair #4 I’ve made from this pattern – technically speaking. The black corduroy version never really saw the light of day, tho, so I’ll call it #3.

This time, however, I had to trace a new pattern, since I’ve lost something in the vicinity of 30 pounds since I made the first one, so those earlier iterations are a tad saggy now.

On the bright side, I already knew that the pattern fits me like a glove once I’ve hacked out an inch of the back yoke to accommodate my sway back.

Jalie Jeans – black stretch back

As you can see, the fit is great. No sway back wrinkling – yay!

The back pockets turned out great, too:

Jalie Jeans – back pocket detail

Other things, however, didn’t go so well.

For some reason, the very first zip fly I did for this pattern came out great, as you can see here. All following are messed up, including this one:

Jalie Jeans black stretch denim fly

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I do think I finally actually understood the construction of the fly, so I’m hopeful for the next one – oh yes, there will be a next one!

In the above picture, you can also see the biggest and most disheartening issue: The Hole.

When I put in the zip, I went horribly wrong and had to take it out again. And then it happened – I slipped with my scissors, and hacked a hole into the leg part of my jeans. About 3 inches away from my crotch. Where you can’t even put a patch or something without drawing a whole lot more attention to an area that really doesn’t need any extra attention. If you get my gist.

Here it is in all it’s horrid glory:

Jalie Jeans – the hole

Ah well. I guess this will be a “fit for home wear” muslin, then …

On the bright side – I think the Jalie 2908 now has reached the truly TNT status for me. Yay!

Advertisements